Sunday, October 30, 2016

Trip to Sursock Museum Report by Rafic ABDALLAH

The Sursock Museum is a very interesting museum where the best Lebanese artwork is reunited. After my trip there with my class, I realized that this museum is worth its reputation in Lebanon.

It's also a witness to Lebanon's creativity and to its will to progress in these domains. I liked it very much, as it produced on me an almost magical effect. I could only stand there and watch, whilst tons of feelings were racing in my mind. I was amazed by what I was seeing, and impressed by what I was hearing. all of this was a sample of my feelings back there.

I specially liked Marwan Rechmaoui's ''Waste'' between all of the museum's artwork. These four cubes just impressed me, and there composition even more. The idea that hundreds and thousands of soda cans, shoe boxes, tires, and plastic bottles were fitted into four small cubes amazed me, and I still think about it until now.

This trip was very interesting and cultural at the same time to me,and the museum itself magical and fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment